Friday, February 28, 2014

Photos of the Month - February 2014

Many people might not know this about me, but I have developed a very strong interest in photography over the past few years.  Since coming to college, I've realized how much I want to have memories of everything I do, and so I take a lot of pictures.  Actually, that's become an understatement, because it's more than a lot.  It's something I've had a few people get upset about, partially due to some bad photos, partially due to the bulk.  In fact, I routinely have to go through them, or risk not posting the photos due to the sheer numbers.

This past year there were tons of photos that I never uploaded simply because of the time it usually took me to go through them.  I didn't (and still don't) have a nice camera, so I ended up using my phone, which means I had to manually go through each one.  With my recent Android phone, I can now do so much faster since they are automatically synchronized everywhere (privately of course, with the option to share).


In order to help myself try and take more photos though, I've decided to do a "Photos of the Month" post, in order to showcase some that I am particularly proud of.  These of course have been done with permission of those in them, and if you re-post them, please at least link to here (this blog) and give credit to me (Gerald McAlister) :)


Programming the Sunrise - Taken during an early trip to a Hackathon

Good Day Sir - Taken on the walk to class one day
A Declaration of War - Taken on a beach trip in the snow
The Ripple Effect - Taken on a beach trip during some really nice weather on afternoon
A Minion Mid-Flight - Taken on a trip to the James River on a nice evening
Please note that all of these were taken with my cellphone, so maybe one day I'll be able to get a better camera and take better pictures.  As always, I would love feedback on this post, as well as to hear about some hobbies you have!

No comments:

Post a Comment